Installing the ODBC Upgrade
At this time there is no significant difference between a new installation and an update.
If you have any question about these instructions, please contact support at Minisoft.
- Backup existing files on the HP e3000 before proceeding.
- To avoid installation delays, request a current extension code before running the
server file installation. This will be needed on systems that do not have complete and
current licensing information.
- Run the host file installation application (install_msjob.exe)
from a Windows PC. Follow the on screen prompts to upload the ancillary programs needed
by the server software.
- Run the server installation application (install_odbc2262.exe)
from a Windows PC. Follow the on screen prompts to upload the files needed by
ODBC. This application is password protected. You will need to contact Minisoft for
- Verify license information.
- Logon to your HP as MGR.MINISOFT,MM
- RUN LICENSE.PUB;PARM=1
- Check the expiration date and user count for ODBC.
- If the date is not as you expect (unlimited for permanent license, or a
date in the form of YYYYMMDD for evaluations), please contact Minisoft.
- Optionally update license information.
- Logon as MGR.MINISOFT,MM
- RUN LICENSE.PUB;PARM=2.
- Reply to the prompts with the information supplied by Minisoft.
- Verify license information as in #5 above.
- Update/install your client software (odbc226c.exe).
When updating, you may wish to temporarily use more than one server release of ODBC.
Follow the directions given for MSJOB
- Optionally, update/install you administrative software (odbc226a.exe).
- Start the server processes by streaming MSJOB.MM.MINISOFT.