Building Client/Server Applications
MiddleMan is a powerful software development tool designed for building client/server applications
for the HPe3000. MiddleMan combines the freedom, flexibility and distributed processing power
of the PC with the centralized control and maintenance of host systems.
Use the Server Console application to manage the MSJOB.
Network File Transfer: Use Network
File Transfer to improve your PC uploads and downloads to network speed.
References: Notes from customers
extremely pleased with Minisoft tech support.
- Direct Image and TurboImage database access. Developers can design applications that read,
write, delete and update databases, KSAM or MPE files.
- No terminal emulation software is required to use applications developed with MiddleMan
as no session is needed on the HP 3000.
- Includes a server program that can be customized to meet the needs of specific applications.
- MiddleMan supports the concurrent use of multiple server programs.
- Powerful trace and debugging facility for application testing and error correction.
- A network file transfer facility is included and can be used simultaneously with multiple
- MiddleMan is accessible from a variety of Windows-based applications, including Visual Basic,
Visual C, PowerBuilder, Delphi, COBOL, Excel, WordPerfect, Lotus and many other applications
that support DDE or OLE.
- With MiddleMan you can leverage the power of both the server and the client to easily integrate
your mission-critical applications with the desktop tools already in use.
NOTE: If you have MPEiX 4.0, MiddleMan requires HP's ThinLAN Link on the HP e3000 (product #36923A
ThinLAN 3000/iX Network Link). ThinLAN link is included in all later (5.0, 5.5, 6.0) MPEiX versions.
Minisoft - MSJOB - IP Address Security
Minisoft - Middleman - MDMSA Current Features