We just installed Javelin on a Windows 2003 Server and it doesn't work! When the Javelin
window is displayed it says in the Title Bar "Incomplete License Data". Javelin works
perfectly on our Windows 2000 server.
The problem is caused by Windows 2003 Server not recognizing the .j92 extension used
on the Javelin configuration file. The MIME type needs to be registered. The easiest
way to do this is to register it globally with Windows. In a couple of instances this
has not worked in which case the MIME type has to be registered in IIS.
- In Windows Explorer right click on the Javelin configuration file and select
- When the dialog box pops up choose "Select the program from a list" then
- After the "Open With" dialog box displays, select Notepad from the list
of programs and check the "Always use the selected program..." check box then
- Stop IIS and reboot the server. Javelin should now work when accessed through
a web page.
- Go to Control Panel click on Administrative Tools then click on Internet
Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand out Web Sites, right click on the web site Javelin is running out
of then click on Properties.
- Click on the HTTP Headers tab then click the MIME Types button.
- After the "MIME Type" dialog box displays, click the New button.
- In the Extension textbox enter ".j92" without the quotes. In the MIME Type
textbox enter "text/plain" without the quotes.
- Click all the OK buttons as you back out of the dialog boxes.
- Stop IIS and reboot the server. Stopping then restarting the web page may
work. Javelin should now work when accessed through a web page.